- About FPS Communications
- School Delay & Closing Information
- Translation and Interpretation
- Who Should I Call?
- Press Room
- Social Media
- Share Your News!
- Photo and Media Consent
- Share the Love - an FPS E-Card Program
- Creative Project Requests
- Community Input
- Internship Projects and Opportunities
King Elementary School Dedicates Month of February as Upstander Month
Framingham Public Schools
Robert A. Tremblay, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
John Maynard, Principal * Allison Benabdallah, Vice Principal
King Elementary School
454 Water Street
Framingham, MA 01701
District Contact: Rochelle Santos
Media & Communications Manager
Framingham's King Elementary School Dedicates Month of February as Upstander MonthFebruary 20, 2019 (Framingham, MA): The Framingham Public School District is excited to launch the following initiatives at King Elementary School and with the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Community Development, FPS is looking to extend these efforts to all schools across the District.
John Maynard, Principal of King Elementary School, recently shared what it means to be an Upstander. See how Framingham's youngest elementary school is dedicating the month of February to creating awareness on an initiative that promotes good citizenship.
- Being a buddy to the person being bullied
- Interrupting the bullying in real-time to give the person being bullied a chance to walk way
- Speaking out to the bully - this takes the most courage, and
- Telling someone during or after the bullying.
- Poster Theme: “How to Be An Upstander”
- Eligible Students: All Students in grades K-4
- Judging: Student Council at King
- Prizes: There will be winning posters and prizes at each grade level
- Deadline: Monday, March 11th
About King Elementary School
King Elementary School is a child-centered learning community focused on meeting the needs of the whole child in kindergarten through 4th grade through an inclusive, collaborative, interactive, and project-based model of instruction. Reaching beyond the academic education for children at these ages, King is committed to educating the social, emotional, and physical needs of their students, as well. They consistently strive to provide all children with a safe, caring, and nurturing environment where all youngsters and their families feel valued for their unique and special qualities. For news, updates, and announcements, follow King Elementary School (@KingElementaryFPS) on Facebook and on Twitter (@KingSchoolFPS).
About Framingham Public Schools
The mission of the Framingham Public Schools is to educate each student to learn and live productively as a critically-thinking, responsible citizen in a multicultural, democratic society by providing academically challenging instructional programs taught by highly-qualified staff and supported by comprehensive services in partnership with our entire community. For news, updates, and announcements, follow Framingham Public Schools (@FraminghamPS) on Facebook, Twitter, and (@framinghamschools) on Instagram. You can also join the conversation using #FraminghamSchools.
# # #