We are so grateful to have parents and family members who are willing to assist in so many ways, and we hope that these guidelines will assist in providing consistency and understanding of expectations. Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for additional information regarding volunteering at Dunning.
- When volunteering, respecting the confidentiality of children in the classroom is essential. Please do not share information about other students or classes outside of the volunteer setting.
- All volunteers must have an active CORI check on file with the office. If you are unsure about the status of your CORI, please check in with Ms. Cebula or Mrs. Pierson in the office. CORIs are good for 3 years from the date of initial acceptance, and typically can take up to 3 weeks to process. You can download a CORI Form here.
- All volunteers and visitors need to sign-in and out at the Main Office when participating in any volunteer activities during the school day.
- It is always best to make an appointment, call or email any staff member with whom you may need to speak. Please do not enter the building at morning drop off or afternoon pick-up time to speak with teachers about the classrooms or students. This is a very busy time when teachers need to be focused on their students and all that encompasses these times of the day. Staff want to be sure that they can provide adequate time to listen to your questions or concerns.
- Unannounced visits to classrooms are not in the best interest of students, classroom routines, teaching, and learning. Please be sure that a teacher is aware if you will be coming to the classroom for a specific reason.
- Adhering to your regularly scheduled volunteer times is very helpful. If you are unable to come when a staff member may be expecting you, please call the office and leave a message for the teacher. Any additional times/visits should be scheduled in advance through the classroom teacher.
- It is important to be in the classroom or with the classroom teacher that you are scheduled to be with when volunteering. Please do not wander the building or visit classrooms of other students during this time.
- If your child is late to school in the morning, please report to the main office where he/she can sign in and then walk independently to their classroom.
- If your child has forgotten something for the school day, or you need something to be delivered to him/her during the day, please bring it to the Main Office, and we will be sure it gets delivered to them in a timely fashion.
We appreciate your cooperation with the above guidelines and thank you for all you do for Charlotte Dunning! We feel very lucky to have such an active group of families as part of the Dunning Community!! Please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions.