Welcome to the Office of Curriculum & Instruction
The Framingham Public School system maintains a high quality early childhood through twelfth grade curriculum which is designed to:
- focus on comprehensive literacy, content literacy and information literacy
- teach basic communication, cognitive, and computational skills
- promote mathematical and scientific awareness
- cultivate an awareness of history, geography, government, and the humanities as they relate to the past, present, and future
- foster creativity
- instill an appreciation for and proficiency in the arts
- develop occupational competency and the capacity and desire for lifelong learning
- encourage an understanding of multicultural values
The curriculum is aligned to the Massachusetts content standards and/or national standards. The district collects data on student performance which is used to continually improve instruction, support programs include Special Education, Title 1, and English Language Learner.
The Office of Curriculum and Instruction works to achieve consistency of materials and instruction within and across grade levels and schools to ensure that every child has access to a high quality education.
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm