Bilingual Education Department
- Resources for English Learners and Portuguese and Spanish Dual Language (Two-Way) Students
- Recursos para aprendices del inglés y estudiantes de los programas en dos idiomas de español y portugués (Two-Way, Doble vía)
- Recursos para aprendizes de inglês e estudantes dos programas em dois idiomas de espanhol e português (Two-Way)
Mission Statement: The Bilingual Education Department offers research-based programs and exemplary instruction for multilingual learners in the Framingham Public Schools. FPS has a diverse student population and currently instructs students from over 70 countries who speak approximately 72 languages.
We are committed to offering the highest quality of educational experiences to all students through language development programs in English, Spanish and Portuguese that foster grade-level social and academic language proficiency and mastery of state content-area standards, while simultaneously building on and celebrating students' cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds, practices, and experiences.
Our Guiding Principles:
1. Effective programs have equitable access and are based on both standards and current research.
2. Effective instruction meets the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
3. Effective on-going family involvement is integral to student success.
4. Effective professional development improves teaching through the integration of language and content.
Announcements from the Bilingual Dept.
Comcast Offering 2 Months Free Internet - Comcast ofrece 2 meses de internet gratis - Comcast oferece 2 meses de Internet grátis
Comcast plans to make Internet access available for low-income families during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Three ideas you would like to be implemented in Framingham and why these ideas are important to you to our city.
Fundraising dinner to benefit graduating seniors from Framingham High School in the ESL/Bilingual Department.
Help your community / Ayuda a tu comunidad / Ajude a sua comunidade
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
73 Mt. Wayte Avenue, Suite #5 Framingham, MA 01702
Bilingual Dept. on Twitter
4/5/2020: Parents/Guardians and students now have access to a Google Site (Remote Learning Site) where we will be posting weekly calendars that contain specific resources and assignments that are tailored to a student’s grade level and program, based on material already taught this year.
4/3/2020: Next week is a big milestone for Framingham as we will be rolling out weekly calendars and grade or department level remote learning plans. In anticipation of that, I am sharing with you this universal set of expectations.
4/1/2020: Read this for information regarding Comcast's Internet Essential Program for any families in need of internet access.
3/30/2020: With guidance from the DESE and in close collaboration with the Framingham Teachers’ Association, we are pleased to present to you the District’s remote learning plan, expected to begin Monday April 6