Framingham Public Schools
Robert A. Tremblay, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
Farley Building, 19 Flagg Drive
Framingham, Massachusetts 01702
TO: Framingham Youth Recruitment OrganizationsFROM: Office of the SuperintendentSUBJECT: Distribution of Recruitment Material of the 2022-2023 School Year
Framingham-based, youth-oriented service groups are permitted to distribute recruitment material at four (4) periods during the school year. In some cases, printed material may be provided to the schools for distribution in Elementary students' backpacks and these requests will need significant advanced notice, as well as approval from the Superintendent’s Office. The District offers a robust digital distribution of material to all FPS families through email, published to the FPS Website, and shared on social media. The translated PDFs will be compiled into one document and sent to FPS families according to the distribution dates below*:
*No exceptions will be permitted to the distribution dates listed above.
- Please complete the Google Form version of the application. (If you have trouble with the form, please complete the original Application for Distribution form and send the form along with materials to: Rochelle Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.)
- Materials will not be distributed without approval from the Media and Communications Office.
- According to School Committee policy, “All material to be distributed through the Framingham Schools must be provided in three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).”
- Only Framingham-based, non-profit, youth oriented groups will be considered for approval.
- Materials are distributed under the auspices of the School Department; therefore all messages must be free of grammatical and spelling errors to receive approval.
- All materials must contain the statement “Translations provided by… ” (please include the translation source)
- PDFs delivered for digital / electronic distribution should be at least partially accessible**.
- Please allow 5 - 10 business days to process your request. If approved, you will receive your distribution instructions. If a printed distribution is approved, it will be the responsibility of the organization to package and deliver the materials to the schools.
**Accessibility: For people who have visual impairments and depend on a screen reader to receive their information - a scanned PDF is not accessible. The scanned document is essentially an image that has no identifiable text for a machine to read. The best kind of PDF will have tags, links, alt text for images, and proper titles and headings. At the very least, the text should be 'selectable'. Please see this article to learn more.
If the guidelines above are not met, you may be contacted for revisions or alternate file formats. If you have any questions, please contact Rochelle Santos, the Media and Communications Manager, at 774-388-7121.
2022 - 2023 Approved Distribution Material
The PDF for September 2022 includes translated recruitment information from: The Performing Arts Center of Metrowest, The FHS Marketplace Organizers, The FHS Dance Team, Framingham Youth Hockey, Nick Cerio's Traditional Kenpo Karate, Inter Academy of Metrowest, the New England Martial Arts Athletic Center, and The Boys and Girls Club of MetroWest.
Translations and content are provided by the submitting organizations.