Framingham Public Schools
Robert A. Tremblay, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
Farley Building, 19 Flagg Drive
Framingham, Massachusetts 01702
Telephone: 508-626-9118 Fax: 508-877-4240
TO: Framingham Youth Recruitment OrganizationsFROM: Office of the SuperintendentSUBJECT: Distribution of Recruitment Material of the 2021-2022 School Year
Framingham based, youth-oriented service groups will be permitted to distribute recruitment materials for four (4) periods during the school year. Given the unknown and future possibilities surrounding the continued COVID adjustments, the District may need to shift between physical distribution and digital-only distribution. For digital distribution, the translated PDF material will be compiled and sent to FPS families by the District. The distribution dates are as follows*:
*No exceptions will be permitted to the distribution dates listed above.
- Please complete the Google Form version of the application. (If you have trouble with the form, please complete the original Application for Distribution form and send the form along with materials to: Rochelle Santos at email@example.com for approval.)
- Materials will not be distributed without approval from the Superintendent’s office
- According to School Committee policy, “All material to be distributed through the Framingham Schools must be provided in three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).”
- Only Framingham-based, non-profit, youth oriented groups will be considered for approval
- Materials are distributed under the auspices of the School Department; therefore all messages must be free of grammatical and spelling errors to receive approval
- All materials must contain the following statement “Translations provided by ……”
- PDFs delivered for digital / electronic distribution should be at least partially accessible**.
- Please allow 5 - 10 business days to process your request. If approved, you will receive your distribution instructions. It is the responsibility of the organization to package and deliver the materials to the schools.
**Accessibility: For people who have visual impairments and depend on a screen reader to receive their information - a scanned PDF is not accessible. The scanned document is essentially an image that has no identifiable text for a machine to read. The best kind of PDF will have tags, links, alt text for images, and proper titles and headings. At the very least, the text should be 'selectable'. Please see this article to learn more.
If the guidelines above are not met, you may be contacted for revisions or alternate file formats. If you have any questions please contact Rochelle Santos, the Media and Communications Manager, at 774-388-7121 or Najee Nunnally, 508-782-6874.