Top 8 Things You Need To Know
- Updated 1/4: Weekly communication will take place on Fridays as it relates to the updates on returning to teaching and learning in our school buildings. See below for Key Terms and the graphics which outline the necessary health metrics for this to happen.
- Updated 1/4: Below are important informational links that highlight the current COVID-related public health conditions in Framingham: FPS COVID Dashboard and City of Framingham COVID Data Dashboard - December 28, 2020
- All students (Prek-12) began the school year using the Remote Learning model. Check the Academics page for definitions and expectations, including software information and family resources.
- The 2020-2021 Calendar has been updated and shared! You can see the full communication here: Updated 2020-2021 District Calendar
- Buildings and Grounds continues to complete PPE and Faciltiies Updates. Take a look at the PPE and Faciltiies Updates from November 12th.
- Families who need Technology Support can visit the 'Tech Help Site' for tutorials and videos on the platforms and devices provided for Remote Learning. This is a work in progress and continuing to be updated.
- Students in our specialized programs for Autism and Multiple Disabilities returned to school for in person instruction on October 5, 2020. Additional students who fall into the district's “high needs” group returned to school for in-person instruction on November 5, 2020. The third wave of high needs students are scheduled to return on December 7th (elementary) and December 14th (middle schools and FHS). As of October 5th, the plan is for all other students to return to school in the Hybrid Learning model in January 2021. This is all dependent on a variety of metrics and guidance from the Framingham Department of Public Health which will be reviewed in the first week of December. All staff are returning to teaching from their schools on December 4th which will be an asynchronous learning day.
- Remind, a new two-way communication platform for teachers, has launched at each of our schools! Families and staff are getting notifications just before launch with instructions and next steps. FAQs for stakeholders are being compiled in the Communications Office website.
Return to School Graphics
The illustration below includes a couple of key community metrics that will impact our return-to-school. In addition, the district will work closely with the Framingham Department of Public Health to constantly assess both the risk (e.g., in-school transmission and upward data trends) and risk mitigation efforts (e.g., weekly testing and downward data trends) which will also impact the target return dates for Phase I & II and Phase III & IV.
1/15/21: Please take a look at the search process and the ways that FPS Community Members can participate.
1/13/21: Monday is MLK Jr. Day and Tuesday is a PD Day for Teachers
1/13/21: Are you a good fit? Do you know someone who might be interested? Please share these job descriptions to help find candidates!
1/10/21: While we can't do our normal in-person presentation to welcome the incoming kindergarten parents- our departments worked really hard to capture known questions and prepared presentation videos in English, Spanish, and Portuguese to ensure the information is available to those who need it.Office Hours or Live Panel Q&As are also planned for real-time conversations.
1/8/21: This includes a quick-reference dashboard that aims to guide our return-to-school efforts so that we can all work from a shared understanding of frequently used terms, public health metrics, and our best efforts to layout a detailed return schedule. (Please make note of the return date shift in the enclosed graphics.)
1/7/21: Feel free to reference this Smore Newsletter for things you can do at home and what can be done in the classroom to work through thoughts, feelings, and reactions resulting from Wednesday's events in Washington D.C..
Important Dates: January
Fri., Jan. 1 - No School: New Years Day
Wed., Jan. 6: Three Kings Day
Wed., Jan. 6: School Committee Meeting
Thurs., Jan. 7 - Early Release: E (PC)
Thurs., Jan. 14 - Early Release: E (PC), M (PD)
Mon., Jan. 18 - No School: MLK Jr. Day
Tues., Jan. 19 - No School: P, E, M, H (PD)
Wed., Jan. 20 - School Committee Meeting
Thurs., Jan. 28 - No Homework
The Back to School Plan
The Final Back to School Plan linked below was submitted to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. As new information becomes available, changes will be made to the plan. If you see red text in the English version, that is new or updated and has been shared with our Translation Office, but not yet implemented in the Spanish and Portuguese versions. We are working quickly to reduce the turnaround time for those updates.