Jackie Cueroni - School Counselor
I am the School Counselor at Hemenway Elementary School. I have worked in Framingham Public Schools for since 2008, and have been at Hemenway since 2011. I have been a resident of the City of Framingham for the past 30 years and raised my 4 children here, all of which went through the Framingham Public Schools. I received my Bachelor's degree majoring in Psychology and Economics, my Master's degree in School Counseling. I am also a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
Here at Hemenway I work closely with the school social worker, and school psychologist, classroom teachers and Administrators. I support all students and families with social-emotional, behavioral, and academic concerns to help ensure student emotional and academic success.
I have an open door policy and am here to not only work with your children but to help support parents regarding their children’s social emotional and educational needs while attending Hemenway School.
The role of the school counselor is varied, some of the responsibilities you may find me engaged in throughout the school day include:
- Assisting students with academic and social/emotional needs
- Social lunch groups
- Individual, group, and crisis counseling
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support - School Coach
- Social Emotional curriculum support and instruction
- Pre-referral process for Special Education services
- School-based consultation with teachers and parents to provide helpful suggestions and support for student’s needs
- 504 Accommodation Plan Coordinator
During our time away from school due to the CoronaVirus, I've added some links below that may be helpful. Some of the links have resources for families in Framingham provided by the Framingham Public Schools and the City of Framingham.
Other links are intended to be used by parents while their children are accessing their academics at home. There are links for books if your child is experiencing anxiety, links for Social Emotional videos i.e., self esteem, as well as links to help structure work and play time while your children are home during the extended school closure. I will continue to add resources as they become available.
I miss you all and can't wait to get back to Hemenway real soon.
- Books for children on the first day of schoolLinks to an external site.
- Parents Guide to Responsive ClassroomLinks to an external site.
- Role of the School CounselorLinks to an external site.
- Children's Books for Loss and GriefLinks to an external site.
- Children's Books on AnxietyLinks to an external site.
- Children's Books on The First Day of KindergartenLinks to an external site.
- What is PBIS?Links to an external site.
- Framingham Food and Meals during Covid 19 Links to an external site.
- Self Esteem VideosLinks to an external site.
- Helping your child while school is closedLinks to an external site.
- FPS Family resources during Covid 19 Links to an external site.
- Brain Break Games to play at home with your childrenLinks to an external site.