Framingham Public Schools Communication
Our Communications Office plays a strategic role in informing and engaging parents, students, staff members, residents, business and community partners, and the media. We are committed to providing timely and accurate communications that help build informed, supportive relationships.
- Automated Calls (Robocalls), emails, and text messages through Blackboard Connect Ed*
- District and individual school websites and calendars
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube social media accounts
- E-Newsletters from Smore (All Smore newsletters can be translated by clicking in the email, scrolling to the botton of the page, and selecting 'Translate' in the black accessibility bar.)
- Collateral materials, such as brochures and fliers
- Photographs / Videos at school and district events
- Community Forums
- Media Relations
*If at any time you need to update your Blackboard Connect Ed preferences to ensure you are receiving the outreach (non-emergency) and emergency notifications on the device of your choice - please update your information at your child's school. You can receive phone calls, emails, and text messages in English, Spanish, or Portuguese depending on your preference.
Please save the following phone numbers to your phone - as these are the numbers that will call your phone designated to receive Robocalls from Framingham Public Schools:
Emergency Line: 508-626-9117
This line is for emergency calls and will be sent to all possible contact methods for selected recipients of the message. These include: Snow Days, School Delays, Emergency Early Dismissals, or other urgent messages.
Outreach Line: 508-788-2390 (This line does not accept incoming phone calls)
This line is for announcements and news to be sent broadly and will be sent to the first contact for selected recipients of the message. These include: event announcements, planned early release / planned half-day reminders, opportunities for parents or students, and other non-emergency messages.