Wilson World Language
Born in the city of Ipatinga, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Moved to USA in 2001, to work as a Bilingual Elementary Teacher.
LICENSURE: DESE/MA: Elementary 1-6; Foreign Language, Portuguese, PreK-6; Foreign Language, Portuguese, 5-12; Transitional Bilingual Learning, Portuguese, PreK-6; ESL 1-6.
BA in Letras: Português-Inglês FACULDADE DE FILOSOFIA, CIÊNCIAS E LETRAS DE CARATINGA – FAFIC, MG – BRAZIL (with distinction – 1984 -1988)
PROFESSORA ESPECIALISTA DE LINGUA PORTUGUESA pela FUNDAÇÃO EDUCACIONAL DE CARATINGA – UNEC- MG / Graduate Degree, Lato Sensu - in Portuguese Language (1990-1991)
PROFESSORA ESPECIALISTA DE LITERATURA BRASILEIRA pela PONTIFÍCIA UNIVERSIDADE CATÓLICA DE MINAS GERAIS PUC-MG / Graduate Degree, Lato Sensu- in Brazilian Literature (1997-1999)
MASTER of EDUCATION (with concentration in the Teaching of English as a Second Language - FRAMINGHAM STATE UNIVERSITY - December 2008)
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN THE UNITED STATES:
2001 – present: Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, Framingham – MA
Bilingual Elementary Teacher – 5th grade (2001-2014)
Teacher of Portuguese as a World Language (2014-2016)
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE OUT OF USA includes teaching Language Arts (Middle and High School - 12 years), Linguistics and Portuguese Literature - college (Centro Universitário de Caratinga-MG), in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
PUBLISHED BOOKS: An Unfortunate Adventure. X-LIBRIS: Bloomington, 2014
Do Sublime e do Simples: A poesia de Machado de Assis. Editora
Alba: Varginha, 2007
A Dupla Caipiura e Outras Poesias. Apollo Editora: Lowell, 2003
Sementes ao Vento. Editora Alba: Varginha, 2000.
Sinfonia de Sensações. Editora Zodíaco: Terezina, 1998.
CAREER AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (some)
• UMASS - Implementing the NGSS Standards in Middle Grades Science (2016)
• Strategies to Improve Instruction and Assessment in Middle Grades Science (2016)
• Universal Design for Learning – Affect and Engagement (2016)
• UMASS DARTMOUTH: PRESENTER at the 12nd Annual Conference on Portuguese
Language Education ( 2015).
• Teaching With academic Conversation (2008,
• RBT-Resource for Better Teaching (2015)
• FRAMINGHAM STATE UNIVERSITY: Elementary Reading: Content and Process (2014)
• UMASS DARTMOUTH: PRESENTER at the 11th Annual Conference on Portuguese
Language Education (September, 2014).
• YALE UNIVERSITY – Oficina LPH (2014)
• FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS - Intro to K and Grade 5 Math Revision (2014)
• FPS: IB Curriculum Writing (2014)
• FPS: Developing Language through Academic Conversations (2014)
• CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE: Lucy Calkins: 3-5 Overview, Essays, and Literary Essays (2013)
• CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE: Designing and Implementing Interventions to help struggling Students (2013)
• UNIVERSITY OF THE AZORES – Summer Course: Language, Culture and Portuguese Literature (2012)
• FRAMINGHAM STATE UNIVERSITY: Tiering Literacy Instruction: Bloom's and Beyond (2011)
• FRAMINGHAM STATE UNIVERSITY: Mentor Training (2011)
• UMASS DARTMOUTH: PRESENTER at the 8th Annual Conference on Portuguese Language Education (September, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016).