Welcome to Mrs. Hoehlein's Fifth Grade Class!
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Reading should not be presented to children as a chore or a duty. It should be offered to them as a precious gift." Kate DiCamillo
We are a Community of Readers, Writers & Historians
Welcome to fifth grade! This webpage is a place for you to learn about me (your teacher!) and our classroom. You will find links for learning and exploring cool topics, homework, upcoming events, clubs and downloads of important papers for both students and parents. We also use a Google classroom site for many assignments. My email is posted above. I update our website often throughout the year. Use Mrs. Sidebottom's webpage for math/science & research writing.
WELCOME NEW FIFTH GRADERS!
I've just returned from Cambodia and Thailand. Made a friend on a beach in Phang Nga Bay, Thailand.
Two year old slow loris
GRADE 5 SUMMER LEARNING DOWNLOADS
- Welcome parent letter English
- Welcome parent letter Portuguese
- Curriculum Overview English
- Curriculum Overview Portuguese
- Gold Team Supplies List English
- Gold Team Supplies List Portuguese
- Fiction summer reading list
- Fiction Response to Text Sheet
- Nonfiction response & topic list sheet
SPECIALS SCHEDULE - BLUE WEEK - PE
Monday - PE Tuesday - Library Wednesday - (Music/Art/PE) Thursday - Music or Band Friday - ART
Scholastic online, click on book icon Use our class code HWCYN
WRITING WORKSHOP DOWNLOADS
Narrative Unit 1
- Techniques to Raise Level of Narrative Writing
- Narrative Writing CHECKLIST
- Questions to Ask as You EDIT
- Discovering Comma SECRETS
Literary Essay Unit 3
- Structure of an essay
- Checklist for Literary Essay
- Literary Essay sample on Shells
- Student Editing Checklist
Research Based Argument Essay
READING WORKSHOP DOWNLOADS
The Newspaper Club meets Tuesdays after school in Room 36 until 5:00 pm.
Potter Page Turners
Usually meets on the last Thursday of each month 8:15 - 9:00 am
Last meeting and breakfast is Wed. June 12th at 8:15. Hope everyone can come!
Fifth graders are expected to read 30 minutes nightly and complete a log that is signed and turned in each Friday. Books travel back and forth in zip bags. Students read same book at school and home. Goal is to complete 2 books per week.
June , 2019
- MISSING BOOKS: please return all books to Mrs. Hoehlein, in any condition at all. Thank you.
- Bring bag to take home items in desk. Total clean out Monday.