King School Counselor
Hi my name is Lydia Jones and I am the School Counselor at King Elementary School. This is my eighth year in the Framingham Public Schools and I have been working at King since the first day it opened. I received my B.A. in Psychology from the University of Delaware and my M.S. in Counseling and Human Relations from Villanova University. My students know my love of Philadelphia sports, cats, and fitness!
I am so excited to be a part of the King community and look forward to working with your children. School counselors have many responsibilities; you may find me doing any of the following depending on the day:
- Assisting students with academic and social/emotional needs
- Social lunch groups
- Individual, group, and crisis counseling
- FHS and King student-to-student mentoring program
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support: Core values and King crown incentive program
- Targeted supports for at-risk students
- Social Emotional curriculum support and instruction
- Pre-referral process for Special Education services
- School-based consultation with teachers and parents to provide helpful suggestions and support for student’s needs
Helpful links for parents:
Helpful tip sheets on various topics: http://www.kellybear.
What school counselor’s do: https://www.
schoolcounselor.org/ administrators/role-of-the- school-counselor.aspx
6th grade transition reflection: http://goo.gl/