Summer '22 Dual Enrollment Opportunities
Mass Bay Community College
- Drugs and Society | Remote | Tuesday and Thursdays | 3:30pm - 5:45pm
- Health Careers Exploration | Remote | Tuesdays | 6:00pm - 9:00pm
*(7/26 in person class on MassBay Framingham Campus)
Questions? Contact: Elaine Rosenburg firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply here: Applications due by Friday, May 27, 2022
- Drugs and Society: Examines drug use, abuse, and regulation from a social and public health perspective. Emphasizes the social, economic, political, and legal issues concerning drug use and abuse, drug policy, drug enforcement; the impact of drugs on individuals, communities, and society.
- Health Careers Exploration: This course will give learners a broad basis of understanding of diverse healthcare occupations to make a well-informed decision in pursuit of a self-actualizing career. This course introduces medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, career pathway exploration and critical soft skills, global healthcare, cultural diversity in patient care, an introduction to medical administration, and introductory skills of health occupations such as taking and recording vital signs, effective communication, and infection control techniques.
Framingham State University
This Summer 2022, Framingham State University will offer 3 courses (5 week courses ea.)! Please find the course description and schedule in the application forms below.
- Cultural Anthropology
- College Composition II (College Writing II)
- Introduction to Statistics
Course application forms:
- Early College Lite students: https://forms.gle/DTn99sde5nFFpxmdA
- Other Framingham HS students: https://forms.gle/7Lo4TwQLmqpa5wGw6
**Please note, there are requirements for students who want to take College Composition II and Intro to Statistics.
- College Composition II: English Writing Placement required; or a grade of C- (1.7) or better in ENGL/ENWR 100 Introduction to College Writing
- Intro to Statistics: Satisfactory score on the mathematics placement examination or student completed algebra in high school