AP Exams Overview
AP Exams are standardized exams designed to measure how well you’ve mastered the content and skills of a specific AP course. Most AP courses have an end-of-year paper-and-pencil exam, but a few courses have different ways to assess what you’ve learned—for example, AP Art and Design students submit a portfolio of work for scoring (College Board, 2022).
Learn more on Ms. Erikson's Canvas page about AP Exams.
How do I register / pay for AP Exams for May 2024?
Please read the directions in the attachments below for how to register for AP Exams for the spring:
- AP Exam Letter (TBD 23-24)
- AP Classroom: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/access-your-ap-resources/join-your-class-online
- City Hall Systems: https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/
AP Exam Practice Materials
Practice Exams with College Board
The best way to prepare for an AP Exam is to participate in your classes. It also helps to set aside consistent study time, complete all assignments from your teacher, and become familiar with the exam by practicing with exam questions created by the AP Program.The AP Program releases the free-response questions for exams that have them. We also post sample student responses and scoring guidelines for past exam questions so you can see why a real exam taker got the score they did (CollegeBoard, 2022).
FREE AP Practice Materials with College Board: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Start in your AP class: Ask your AP teacher to go over the exam format with you in class, if they haven’t done so already.
- Ask your teacher about the practice resources in AP Classroom: AP Classroom is a suite of digital tools that teachers can use throughout the year to help you prepare for the AP Exam. The tools include progress checks with multiple-choice and free-response questions your teacher can unlock for you to receive personalized feedback on the skills and topics you're learning in the course. Your teacher may also assign AP practice or released exam questions using the AP Question Bank. In addition, you can access AP Daily videos that cover all course content and skills to help support your learning.
- Go to your course’s “Exam” page: Visit your course page and go to About the Exam. You’ll find the exam date, details about the exam structure, and exam-taking tips. Go to the AP course index to find your course.
- Scroll to “Exam Preparation” to find all the practice materials: You’ll find resources to help you prepare, such as questions from real exams, scoring guidelines, and sample student responses.
Other Practice Exams Materials: