PARENT INFORMATION CENTER
Open virtually year-round
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on the weekends and holidays
The information below is also available in Portuguese and Spanish at the following links:
Register a new pre-schooler student (Tuition based)Registre um novo aluno pré-escolar (com base em mensalidade)Registrar un nuevo estudiante de preescolar (basado en pagos mensuales)BLOCKS Program ApplicationsImportant Note:
Please complete this application and once your child has been accepted into the program, we will notify you of the registration process.
PLEASE do not register your child on the Parent Information Center website. THANK YOU!Nota Importante:Complete la solicitud y una vez su hijo haya sido aceptado en el programa, le notificaremos cual es el proceso a seguir para finalizar la registración. POR FAVOR, no registre a su hijo en sitio web del Centro de información de padres. ¡GRACIAS!Nota Importante:
Por favor, preencha este formulário e assim que seu filho for aceito no programa, iremos notificá-lo sobre o processo de registro. POR FAVOR, não registre seu filho no site do Centro de Informações aos Pais. OBRIGADA!
Register a new pre-schooler student that receives special education services
Please fill out the required online pre-registration and choose an appointment time for a phone interview at the end of the application.
A registrar from our Center will contact you regarding the next steps necessary to complete your child's registration.
- Schools are legally required to collect copies of specific documents in order to enroll students. (see below)
- Completing the online registration process at home at your convenience will save you time.
- Additionally, if you are registering multiple students, the information in the first form will be pre-loaded into the second registration form when you use the link on the Submission Confirmation page to register another student.
- We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- Important: All the information regarding language exposure will be reviewed by our Bilingual Department and a determination will be made whether language proficiency testing is necessary. Your child will be required to complete an English proficiency evaluation (currently being done virtually due to COVID-19). Program recommendations will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents. Click here for detailed information from the Language Assessment Office.
- Click here to start the online Pre-Registration process
(It may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete all the online required information. Thank you!)
School Enrollment Information for Children Who have Lost Their Housing
If your family lives in any of the following situations:
- In a shelter
- In a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park. abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- In a foster placement
Your school-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act. Click here for more info
If you believe your children including preschool-age children may be eligible, contact the local homeless liaison to find out services and support may be available.
McKinney-Vento Clinical Care Coordinator - DCF/Foster Point of Contact
Homeless Liaison - Enrollment and Transportation
Documents required for registration
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long-form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Signed lease or Mortgage/tax bill)
- Proof of occupancy - (utility bill)
- If you are living with friends or family please fill out a Residency Affidavits
- Proof of parent/guardian's identification (Driver's license)
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months) and completed online Health Forms
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If a child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If a child is not living with one or both natural parents