Framingham Flyers Harvest of the Month (HOTM)
What is HOTM?
Massachusetts Farm to School is committed to increasing local food purchasing and education in schools to strengthen local farms and fisheries. Each month there is a different feature food that is local to Massachusetts is featured, served in cafeterias, and educational materials are developed for students to learn more about the food!
Why is this important?
- HOTM supports the local economy, increases food access, and bring healthful food to your child
- Supports healthy eating habits at a young age
- Improves quality of school meals and increase student engagement in lunches
- Fresh food tastes better meaning students are more likely to eat it!
- Buying local emits less green house gases
- Reduces food waste