Framingham School Breakfast & Lunch
All schools meet USDA meal standards under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act:
- All grains served are 51% whole grain enriched.
- Sodium is actively reduced and not offered as an additive. Framingham will follow USDA sodium TARGET 1.
- Fruits and vegetables are offered at every meal, including dark leafy greens, orange vegetables, and legumes.
- Daily meat or meat alternatives are offered at breakfast and lunch.
- All milk served is 1% low-fat, fat-free, or Lactaid.
- Meals are designed to meet calorie ranges for specific age groups.
- Zero trans fat in all items served.
The A- List
The A-List is an up-to-date and ever-expanding list of single-serve vending and snack products available through distribution or direct ship from the manufacturer*
that meet the Massachusetts Nutrition Standards for Competitive Foods and Beverages in Public Schools and the USDA's Smart Snacks nutritional standards, whichever is stricter.
The A-List is updated weekly and all products are re-evaluated annually in July. Current A-List.