In 6th Grade Chorus, we spend 10 days focusing on:
Goals For Choir
- Form and improve healthy singing habits.
- Develop a strong singing posture.
- Demonstrate growth in musicianship, including rhythmic and pitch accuracy, phrasing, and healthy vocal projection.
- Perform choir repertoire from various styles of music.
- Sing in a variety of languages.
- Demonstrate proper performance etiquette.
- Demonstrate teamwork, respect, and a sense of community
6th Grade Concert
There is no concert performance for 6th grade Choir.
Students must do the following to receive an “A”:
- Participate positively.
- Consistently follow classroom expectations [Daily grade out of 10]
- 5/10 points: Does not follow classroom expectations
- 6/10 point: Rarely follows classroom expectations
- 7/10 points: Sometimes follows expectations
- 8/10 points: Working on following classroom expectations
- 9/10 Points: Mostly Follows classroom expectations
- 10/10 points: Always follows classroom expectations