Thank you for visiting the Parent Information Center Kindergarten page!
We are open virtually from M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and are here to help you.
We can be reached via email or by phone: email@example.com or at 508-424-3420
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM DR. TREMBLAY
Welcome to the Framingham Public Schools!
My name is Bob Tremblay and I am proud to lead our school district as Superintendent of Schools. In Framingham, we believe in family and community engagement. We know that our schools are stronger when there is a partnership between our educators and school leaders and our community of families.
In becoming a City, voices have been lifted from across the Framingham’s 9 districts and difficult topics around race, gender, and poverty - among others - have taken center stage in our public, ongoing school improvement discussions. Framingham students and their families continue to benefit as we raise awareness and advance solutions that enlist collaboration between elected officials, school and district leaders, and our strong team of educators and support staff. Inclusive policies and practices and equity-minded models of programming and resource allocation have been implemented to improve access for students and families in our school community. And we have only just begun.
We believe that lifting the voices of our students and our families is the best approach to developing a shared commitment to making our school district exceptional! We welcome the opportunity to hear from you directly as we, together, ensure equity of opportunity and work toward improved outcomes for our most important stakeholders - our students!
I hope to meet many of our families, in person, in our schools, and at community events throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of service to you and your family.
Very truly yours,
Welcome Class of 2033!
Kindergarten Registrations for School Year 2020-2021
The formal Kindergarten registration period (12/01/19-05/08/20) has now ended and your child will have limited elementary school choices.
TO START - Please fill out the required online pre-registration and choose a phone call appointment time at the end of the application. A registrar from our Center will contact you regarding the next steps necessary to complete your child's registration. No in-person appointments are being scheduled because of the school closures due to the COVID-19.
Enrollment Requirement for New Students entering Kindergarten
- You must be residing in Framingham at the time of your registration appointment.
- You must be a Framingham resident to attend Framingham Public Schools. Residency Requirements
- A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2020 (No exceptions to this rule).
- Schools are legally required to collect copies of specific documents (see list below) to enroll students.
- We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- Important: All the information regarding language exposure will be reviewed by our Bilingual Department and a determination will be made whether a language proficiency testing is necessary. Your child will be required to come (New-Online interview process because of COVID-19 school closure) for an English proficiency evaluation. Program recommendations will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents. Click here for detailed information.
Click here to start
(It may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete all the online required information. Thank you!)
Documents required for registration
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long-form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Signed lease or Mortgage/tax bill)
- Proof of occupancy - (utility bill)
- If you are living with friends or family please fill out a Residency Affidavits
- Proof of parent/guardian's identification
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If the child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If the child is not living with one or both natural parents
Click to view or download our registration guide for parents and/or guardians of the incoming Kindergarten class. It contains information on required documents; the controlled school choice process; school profiles; and more.
Students entering Kindergarten in 2020 will continue to be assigned through a Controlled Choice Program. Under Controlled Choice, families can choose from among all nine Framingham elementary schools. Students who require a specialized program (Special Education or English Language Learner Program) will be placed per the guidelines of each department in consultation with the family.
Dual Language Programs
Students requesting a seat for ANY of the Dual Language Program (Spanish and/or Portuguese at Barbieri, Brophy, Potter Road and W.Wilson) will be assigned as follows:
- Sibling Preference
IMPORTANT: Sibling preference applies to the school building only, not to the program (except Barbieri School).
- Home district preference
Only for Brophy, Potter Road, and W.Wilson.
Barbieri does not have a Home District Preference.
- All other first choices of school requests
- All other second choices of school requests
Once you choose a Dual Language Program and your student is assigned a seat, no other choices of schools or preferences such as home district or sibling will apply.
Students who choose their Sibling Preference school as their first choice
Students who choose their Home District preference as their first choice.
You don't know your home district school? Please check our directory by address.
Home District Street Listing
Students whose first choice is NOT their Sibling or Home District preference school.
An entering kindergarten student with an older sibling who is currently in grades K-4 has a preferred assignment to the older sibling’s school building and not to the program (Except Barbieri School), if that school is designated as the first choice as long as the registration is completed on or before Friday, May 8th.
Each student has designated a Home District school based on their home address. Students who live within one mile of the King School may currently qualify for two Home Districts. During the registration appointment, parents will be asked to choose which Home District they wish to designate as their own. Home District may influence school assignment. If you have questions about your student’s Home District School, please call or email the Parent Information Center. Some schools may have few or no seats available after siblings and first choice Home District students have been assigned. You don't know your home district school? Please check our directory by address. Barbieri does not have a Home District Preference.
Home District Street Listing
Are conducted for any school where the number of first-choice requests exceeds the number of available seats.
Dual Language Programs: Any student who is not assigned to their requested Dual Language Program, will be placed on the waiting list(s) for the language programs they were not assigned to. Dual Language Program waiting lists remain active until the start of second grade.
General Education: Kindergarten waiting lists will be maintained for the top two choices if assigned to a first or second choice was not possible. All Kindergarten waiting lists dissolve on Thursday, October 1st, 2020.
DON’T WORRY! We’ll be happy to answer all your questions at your registration appointment
Transition to Kindergarten Video
Location: (CLOSED due to the COVID-19 until further notice)
31 Flagg Drive - Door 4A - Framingham MA 01702 - Phone: 508-424-3420
Open virtually year-round
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on the weekends and holidays