FHS Summer Institute Coordinator: Ms. Cheryl Flaherty
At Framingham Summer Institute, students are able to take courses for either original or credit recovery. In order to receive credit recovery for a course, a student needs to have completed the full course during the school year and received a failing grade, and be referred by school administration.
Summer School will be from July 5th to August 2nd, and be held at Framingham High School. Classes are in session from 8:00am -10:30am) and 11:00 am -1:00 pm.
We have two different types of offering:
Credit Recovery: If a Framingham High School student is missing coursework or time in a particular class and is on the verge of failing, students can sign up for a credit recovery class in the summer FOR FREE. However, limited spots are available. This gives students additional time and support to complete assignments and/or missed time. Completing this summer class allows students to avoid failing and needing to repeat a class the following school year. Students will receive email and mails about classes they will need to take from school administration, and they will need to fill out the registration to confirm their spot.
OPTIONAL Original Credit Classes: Framingham High School students and families can enroll in classes that earn actual credit towards graduation. This allows students to complete specific requirements early, add study hall or work-study the following school year, or learn something new in the summer. This program is tuition based: Residents $250 and Non-Residents $270.
Out of District student Credit Recovery Tuition is $270.00. In-district student tuition is $250. No refunds will be made after June 30, 2023, unless the class is canceled.
- Due to the limited number of class days and the intensity of the program, attendance to all classes is mandatory.
- No tuition will be refunded if a student is dropped or fails due to excessive absences or tardiness. THERE ARE NO EXCUSED ABSENCES. Students who exceed two absences may be removed from the program.
- Tardies and absences are subject to the discretion of the director.
- For students at FHS, if a course is not offered at FHS, credit for an equivalent course will not be accepted from any other summer school.
- Non-residents must ask administrators at their schools in advance whether course credit will be approved and recognized.
All students are expected to comply with the same rules of conduct that apply within the Framingham Schools during the regular school year. The attire may be comfortable, but should keep with the prevailing standards for school dress.
Open to incoming 10th - 12th graders that want to have the opportunity to focus on career, leadership, life skills!