Enrollment in the Framingham Public Schools is contingent upon residency. You must be a resident of Framingham in order to attend the Framingham Public Schools. Before a student is registered for Framingham Public Schools and can begin school, his/her parent or legal guardian must provide proof of primary residence. Temporary residence in the City of Framingham for the sole purpose of attending the Framingham Public Schools will not be considered residency. Because residency may change for students and their families during the course of the academic year and a student’s educational life, the Framingham Public Schools may continue to verify residency after the commencement of classes.
Be sure to visit all the schools on your list, if you can. A visit is the best way to determine whether a school is right for your child. Even a short visit will help you identify a school’s strengths and challenges. Online Sign-Up
Enrollment Requirement for New Students entering Kindergarten
- You must be residing in Framingham at the time of your registration appointment
- You must be a Framingham resident in order to attend Framingham Public Schools.
- A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2019 (No exceptions to this rule).
- English Proficiency Testing: Students whose first language is not English will be tested at the time of their appointment at the Parent Information Center to determine their English proficiency. Program recommendation will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents. Click here for detailed information.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Students will not be considered enrolled until parents/guardians submit the required documentation during the in-person registration appointment.
Documents required at registration appointment
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of occupancy - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of identification - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months)
- Individual education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If child is not living with one or both natural parents
Student Registration is now online!
For the 2019-20 school year, Framingham Public Schools will be using an online system called Registration Gateway for student registration.
- All new students will enroll through a link on the District's Website.
- The option to upload copies of required documents (i.e. proof of residency, student’s last report card, withdrawal form from the previous school, immunization records, and birth certificate) is available to save time.
- Additionally, if you are registering multiple students, information in the first form will be pre-loaded into the second registration form when you use the link on the Submission Confirmation page to register another student.
- In order for you to receive a Registration Appointment at the Parent Information Center you must complete the online pre-registration.
- We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- After we receive and process your online application we will contact you regarding your in-person registration appointment.
Kindergarten Registration Timeline
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE PARENT INFORMATION CENTER (PIC)
- Register your child with a registrar
- Discuss the choice process, including the timeline for decision making
- You will receive a Choice Form once all your required documents are submitted
- Choice form must be returned by Wednesday, April 10, 2019
KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION FAIR - WEDNESDAY JANUARY 9TH, 2019 - 6 to 8:00 pm
- If you missed the event, you can watch the previously recorded presentation on Facebook.
TOUR SCHOOLS IN MARCH 2019
- Visit at scheduled times. You can sign up for school tours by visiting this electronic form.
ASSIGNMENT FORM SENT BY FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019
- If you receive your Assignment Form and choose not to have your child attend Framingham Public Schools, we ask that you please complete the bottom section of the form and return to us by Friday, May 24, 2019.
ATTEND KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION ON MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019
- Visit the assigned school with your child
- Further details will be sent with your assignment form
How Kindergarten Assignments are made
Students entering Kindergarten in 2019 will continue to be assigned through a Controlled Choice Program. Under Controlled Choice, families are able to choose from among all nine Framingham elementary schools. Students who require a specialized program (Special Education or English Language Learner Program) will be placed per the guidelines of each department in consultation with the family.
Dual Language Programs
Students requesting a seat for the Dual Language Program (Spanish at Barbieri and Brophy and Portuguese at Potter Road and W.Wilson) will be assigned as follows:
- Sibling Preference
- Home district preference
Only for Brophy, Potter Road and W.Wilson.
Barbieri does not have a Home District Preference.
- All other first choice of school requests
- All other second choice of school requests
Once you choose a Dual Language Program and your student is assigned a seat, no other choices of schools or preferences such as home district or sibling will apply.
Students who choose their Sibling Preference school
as their first choice
Students who choose their Home District preference as their first choice.
You don't know your home district school? Please check our directory by address.
Home District Street Listing
Students whose first choice is NOT their Sibling or Home District preference school.
An entering kindergarten student with an older sibling who is currently in grades K-4 has a preferred assignment to the older sibling’s school if that school is designated as the first choice as long as the registration is completed on or before Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
Each student is designated a Home District school based on their home address. Students who live within one mile of the King School may currently qualify for two Home Districts. During the registration appointment, parents will be asked to choose which Home District they wish to designate as their own. Home District may influence school assignment. If you have questions about your student’s Home District School, please call or email the Parent Information Center. Some schools may have few or no seats available after siblings and first choice Home District students have been assigned.You don't know your home district school? Please check our directory by address. Barbieri does not have a Home District Preference.
Home District Street Listing
Are conducted for any school where the number of first choice requests exceeds the number of available seats.
Any student who is not assigned to any of the Dual Language Programs,if requested, and/or their first or second choices of school(s) will be placed on waiting list(s). All Kindergarten waiting lists dissolve on Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 except the for Dual Language Programs which are active until the start of second grade.
DON’T WORRY! We’ll be happy to answer all your questions at your registration appointment
Click to start the online pre-registration
31 Flagg Drive - Door 4A - Framingham MA 01702 - Phone: 508-424-3420 - Fax: 508-879-1023
Open year round - Office hours - Mondays: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm** Tuesday to Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Closed on the weekends
** Extended hours are available on regular school days only. Please note that not all PIC services are available on extended hours.
Please call us for more information. Thank you!
Welcome Message from Dr. Tremblay
Welcome to the Framingham Public Schools!
My name is Bob Tremblay and I am proud to lead our school district as Superintendent of Schools. In Framingham, we believe in family and community engagement. We know that our schools are stronger when there is a partnership between our educators and school leaders and our community of families.
In becoming a City, voices have been lifted from across the Framingham’s 9 districts and difficult topics around race, gender, and poverty - among others - have taken center stage in our public, ongoing school improvement discussions. Framingham students and their families continue to benefit as we raise awareness and advance solutions that enlist collaboration between elected officials, school and district leaders, and our strong team of educators and support staff. Inclusive policies and practices and equity-minded models of programming and resource allocation have been implemented to improve access for students and families in our school community. And we have only just begun.
We believe that lifting the voices of our students and our families is the best approach to developing a shared commitment to making our school district exceptional! We welcome the opportunity to hear from you directly as we, together, ensure equity of opportunity and work toward improved outcomes for our most important stakeholders - our students!
I hope to meet many of our families, in person, in our schools and at community events throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of service to you and your family.
Very truly yours,
¡Bienvenidos a Framingham Public Schools!
Mi nombre es Bob Tremblay y estoy orgulloso de liderar nuestro distrito escolar como Superintendente de las Escuelas. En Framingham, creemos en la participación de la familia y la comunidad. Sabemos que nuestras escuelas son más fuertes cuando existe colaboración entre nuestros educadores, líderes escolares y la comunidad.
Al convertirnos en una ciudad, hemos dado voz a los 9 distritos de Framingham y asuntos sobre la raza, el género y la pobreza han ocupado un lugar central en nuestras discusiones públicas para la mejora escolar. Los estudiantes de Framingham y sus familias continúan beneficiándose a medida que aumentamos la conciencia y encontramos soluciones que favorecen la colaboración entre los cargos electos, los líderes escolares y de distrito, y nuestro sólido equipo de educadores y personal de apoyo. Se han implementado políticas y prácticas inclusivas y se han asignado recursos para facilitar el acceso de los estudiantes y sus familias a nuestra comunidad escolar. Y esto es sólo el comienzo.
Creemos que escuchar a nuestros estudiantes y familias es la mejor manera de lograr un compromiso compartido y hacer que nuestro distrito escolar sea excepcional. Nos gustaría escuchar su opinión, ya que juntos, podemos trabajar para mejorar los resultados de lo más importante, nuestros estudiantes.
Espero conocer en persona a muchas de las familias en nuestras escuelas y durante los eventos comunitarios que hay durante el año. Por favor, no dude en comunicarse conmigo directamente si hay algo en lo que le pueda ayudar a usted y a su familia.
Seja bem-vindo(a) a Framingham Public Schools!
Meu nome é Bob Tremblay e eu sou o Superintendente Escolar. Sabemos que as nossas escolas são mais fortes quando há uma parceria entre os nossos educadores, os líderes escolares e as nossas famílias engajadas.
Ao se tornar uma Cidade, as vozes dos 9 distritos de Framingham foram ouvidas e elevadas e difíceis tópicos, como os relacionados à raça, gênero e pobreza, se tornaram prioridades nas nossas continuas discussões públicas sobre melhorias nas escolas. Os estudantes de Framingham e as suas famílias continuam a se beneficiar enquanto nós promovemos conscientização e avançamos nas soluções que mobilizam a colaboração entre os representantes eleitos, as escolas, os líderes de distrito e a nossa forte equipe de educadores e suporte. Políticas inclusivas e práticas, modelos igualitários de programação e alocação de recursos foram implementados para melhorar o acesso para os estudantes e famílias na nossa comunidade escolar.
Nós acreditamos que elevar as vozes dos nossos estudantes e famílias é a melhor abordagem para desenvolver um compromisso compartilhado de fazer o nosso distrito escolar excepcional! Nós apreciamos a oportunidade de ouvir diretamente de vocês, enquanto, juntos, nós garantimos a igualdade de oportunidade e trabalhamos na obtenção de melhores resultados para os nossos estudantes!
Eu espero conhecer muitas das nossas famílias, pessoalmente, nas nossas escolas e em eventos comunitários ao longo do ano. Por favor sintam-se à vontade para me contatar diretamente se eu puder ajudar a vocês e suas famílias.