Thank you for visiting the Parent Information Center Kindergarten page!
We are open virtually from M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and are here to help you.
We can be reached via email or by phone: email@example.com or at 508-424-3420
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM DR. TREMBLAY
Welcome to the Framingham Public Schools!
My name is Bob Tremblay and I am proud to lead our school district as Superintendent of Schools. In Framingham, we believe in family and community engagement. We know that our schools are stronger when there is a partnership between our educators and school leaders and our community of families.
In becoming a City, voices have been lifted from across the Framingham’s 9 districts and difficult topics around race, gender, and poverty - among others - have taken center stage in our public, ongoing school improvement discussions. Framingham students and their families continue to benefit as we raise awareness and advance solutions that enlist collaboration between elected officials, school and district leaders, and our strong team of educators and support staff. Inclusive policies and practices and equity-minded models of programming and resource allocation have been implemented to improve access for students and families in our school community. And we have only just begun.
We believe that lifting the voices of our students and our families is the best approach to developing a shared commitment to making our school district exceptional! We welcome the opportunity to hear from you directly as we, together, ensure equity of opportunity and work toward improved outcomes for our most important stakeholders - our students!
I hope to meet many of our families, in person, in our schools and at community events throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of service to you and your family.
Very truly yours,
Registration for new students to start school NOW - All grades
NEW - Please fill out required online pre-registration and a registrar from our Center will contact you regarding the next steps necessary to complete your child's registration. No in-person appointments are being scheduled because of the school closures due to the COVID-19.
For the 2020-21 school year, Framingham Public Schools will be using an online system called Registration Gateway for student registration.
- Schools are legally required to collect copies of specific documents (see list below) in order to enroll students.
- Completing the online registration process at home at your convenience will save you time.
- Additionally, if you are registering multiple students, information in the first form will be pre-loaded into the second registration form when you use the link on the Submission Confirmation page to register another student.
- We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- Important: All the information regarding language exposure will be reviewed by our Bilingual Department and a determination will be made whethera language profiency testing is necessary. Your child will be required to come (New-Online interview process because of COVID-19 schools closure) for an English proficiency evaluation. Program recommendation will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents. Click here for detailed information.
Documents required at registration appointment
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Signed lease or Mortgage/tax bill)
- Proof of occupancy - (utility bill)
- If you are living with friends or family please fill out an Residency Affidavits
- Proof of parent/guardian's identification
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months)
Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If child receives Special Education Services
Proof of guardianship/custody - If child is not living with one or both natural parents
- Records from previous schools - grades 1-12
You can upload the required documents here
Location: (CLOSED due the COVID-19 until further notice)
31 Flagg Drive - Door 4A - Framingham MA 01702 - Phone: 508-424-3420
Open virtually year round
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on the weekends and holidays