We are excited to have your family join our school district. All the information you need to register for school is located here. Enrollment in the Framingham Public Schools is contingent upon residency. You must be a resident of Framingham in order to attend the Framingham Public Schools. Before a student is registered for Framingham Public Schools and can begin school, his/her parents or legal guardian must provide proof of primary residence. Temporary residence in the City of Framingham for the sole purpose of attending the Framingham Public Schools will not be considered residency. Because residency may change for students and their families during the course of the academic year and a student’s educational life, the Framingham Public Schools may continue to verify residency after the commencement of classes.
REGISTER A NEW STUDENT
TO START SCHOOL NOW
- PRE-REGISTER ONLINE
- UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- SCHEDULE YOUR PHONE INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT.
Complete the online pre-registration application (link available at the end of this page), submit documentation electronically, and choose your phone appointment. We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- You can access the application at any time to begin reviewing and editing your student’s information. Applications should only be completed by families who meet the residency requirements.
- The final step of the online application requires you to select an appointment time for your phone interview with one of our registrars.
- Please make sure you complete this step and make a note of the appointment date and time before exiting the application.
We offer daily phone interview appointments (see schedule below).
Mondays (except holidays and vacation weeks) - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays - 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Fridays - 9:00 am to 11:30 am
If you need help with scheduling your phone call registration appointment, please call us at 508-424-3420.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long-form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Signed lease or Mortgage/tax bill)
- Proof of occupancy - (utility bill)
- If you are living with friends or family please fill out a Residency Affidavits
- Proof of parent/guardian's identification (Driver's license)
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months) and complete Online Health History Forms
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If a child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If a child is not living with one or both parents or guardians
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- INTERVIEW WITH GUARDIAN(S) OVER THE PHONE
- At the time chosen (STEP 1), you will receive a phone call from one of our registrars to discuss the next steps necessary to complete your child's registration.
- During the phone interview appointment, we will verify with you the documents submitted electronically.
- The student enrollment is not complete until the Welcome Center staff has validated all of the documents required to complete registration.
- We will discuss the school assignment, school availability, bus transportation, etc.
- Important: All the information regarding language exposure will be reviewed by our Multilingual Department and a determination will be made about whether language proficiency testing is necessary. Your child will be required to come for an English proficiency evaluation. Program recommendations will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents. Click here for detailed information.
Failure to provide these documents at the registration appointment will delay your student(s) enrollment.
Thank you for taking the time to read all the important information to register your child(ren) in our schools.
Welcome to Framingham!
Click here to start the Online Pre-Registration for Framingham Public Schools
(It may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete all the required information online. Thank you!)
WhatsApp Phone: 508-573-0195
Mondays: 8am - 6pm (late day)
Tuesday - Friday: 8am - 4pm
Closed on weekends & holidays
Office visit by appointment only
19 Flagg DR - Door 33