Online pre-registration is now open to register
new students (Grades 1-12) for the Fall of 2019.
Please consult the Kindergarten 2019-20 page for more information to register
new students entering Kindergarten in 2019
- All new students (Grades 1-12) registering for the Fall of 2019-2020 will start pre-registration through an online application. Please read the following important information before starting.
All students are required to register at the Parent Information Center.
Enrollment in the Framingham Public Schools is contingent upon residency.
You must be a resident of Framingham in order to attend the Framingham Public Schools.
Before a student is registered for Framingham Public Schools and can begin school, his/her parent or legal guardian must provide proof of primary residence.
Temporary residence in the City of Framingham for the sole purpose of attending the Framingham Public Schools will not be considered residency.
Because residency may change for students and their families during the course of the academic year and a student’s educational life, the Framingham Public Schools may continue to verify residency after the commencement of classes.
Testing: Students whose first language is not English will be tested at the time of their appointment at the Parent Information Center to determine their English proficiency. Program recommendation will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents.
Click here for detailed information.
Important: Students will not be considered enrolled until parents/guardians submit the required documentation during the in-person registration appointment
- The option to upload copies of required documents (i.e. proof of residency, student’s last report card, withdrawal form from the previous school, immunization records, and birth certificate) is available to save time.
- Additionally, if you are registering multiple students, information in the first form will be pre-loaded into the second registration form when you use the link on the Submission Confirmation page to register another student.
Q & A - Frequently asked questions about the online registration - read more
Documents required at registration appointment
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of occupancy - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of identification - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months)
- Records from Previous School
- Individual education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If child is not living with one or both natural parents