What is Canvas?
Canvas is the main Learning Management System (LMS) used across Framingham Public Schools. It is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place. It is used by Teachers (creating and receiving assignments), Students (completing and submitting assignments), and Parents (review ) in various ways.
Canvas for Students Student Login
- Accessing via web browser or the mobile app allows students to access their courses and groups.
- Students can submit assignments, participate in discussions, view grades and course materials.
- The app also provides access to course calendars, to-do items, notifications, and inbox messages.
- The Canvas Student App requires a Canvas account and is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Canvas for Parents (Observers) Parent Login
- In Canvas, the Observer role can be used to enroll parents who would like to participate in a Canvas course but do not need to earn course credit.
- Observers have limited permissions that allow them to see what is going on in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication. Like students, Observers cannot view a course until it is published and the course has started.
- Parents can create a Canvas account and link one child or multiple children's account to theirs. (See instructions for accessing the mobile app.)
Canvas for Teachers Teacher Login