Registering for the Current School Year
If your student is NEW or a returning student to the district and is registering for the current school year, please call as soon as possible to Parent Center at 508-424-3420 to schedule a registration appointment and receive more information regarding registration requirements.
All students are required to register at the Parent Information Center.
Enrollment in the Framingham Public Schools is contingent upon residency. You must be a resident of Framingham in order to attend the Framingham Public Schools. Before a student is registered for Framingham Public Schools and can begin school, his/her parent or legal guardian must provide proof of primary residence. Temporary residence in the City of Framingham for the sole purpose of attending the Framingham Public Schools will not be considered residency. Because residency may change for students and their families during the course of the academic year and a student’s educational life, the Framingham Public Schools may continue to verify residency after the commencement of classes.
Testing: Students whose first language is not English will be tested at the time of their appointment at the Parent Information Center to determine their English proficiency. Program recommendation will be made according to the test results. Testers will discuss results with parents.
Click here for detailed information.
Important: Students will not be considered enrolled until parents/guardians submit the required documentation during the in-person registration appointment
Documents required at registration appointment
Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
- Your child's birth certificate - (Long form/Government issued)
- Proof of residency - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of occupancy - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Proof of identification - (Please click here for the acceptable documents)
- Your child's most recent physical examination and immunization record
(Must be within the last 12 months)
- Records from Previous School (Grades 6-12)
- Individual education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan - If child receives Special Education Services
- Proof of guardianship/custody - If child is not living with one or both natural parents
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us as: 508-424-3420 or email@example.com.