Title IIA, Preparing, Training, and Recruiting High Quality Teachers and Principal, is now managed by the Grants Teams.
See Title IIA page for further details.
WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF GRANTS DEVELOPMENT & TITLE I
Grants Development Office in Pursuit of Equity
"The Grants Development Office (GDO) aims to insure that Framingham Public Schools (FPS) uses supplemental funds attained from local appropriation and basic aide offered by the state and federal governments with integrity and compliance." - Dr. Coretta McCarter, Director
GDO coordinates with FPS departments:
- to inform of funding opportunities;
- to inform of funding priorities;
- to obtain programmatic and financial review and approvals for grant proposals;
- to ensure compliance;
- to assist in preparing budget proposals, required forms and assurances;
- and more.
GDO also manages Title I, Improving The Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged, and oversees:
- Title IIA, Building Systems of Support for Excellent Teaching and Learning
- Title III, Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- Title IV, Student Support and Academic Achievement
NEW GRANT OPPORTUNITY: Check our Grants page
QUESTION OF THE MONTH
GRANTS VS. DONATIONS
Team Behind the Numbers:
Dr. Coretta McCarter, Director of Grants & Title I
Mrs. Kate Fiore, Grants Financial Manager
Ms. Leticia Machado, District Level Executive Assistant
Have questions? Give us a shout!
Phone: (508) 626-9120
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
This February Dr. McCarter was a presenter on equity at The Educators of Color Conference in Richmond, VA.
We'd like to congratulate our own, Dr. McCarter, for her acceptance in the Influence 100 Pilot Program!
DESE recently launched I-100 which aims to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of superintendents in Massachusetts.