Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to room 1!
I am very excited that you will be in my class next year! This will be my 12th year teaching at Hemenway. I have taught kindergarten, first and second grades. Kindergarten is my absolute favorite!!
We are going to have a fabulous year of learning, growing, and having fun together! In Room 1 will learn about:
- how to read books and write stories
- shapes, numbers, and how to add and subtract.
- the seasons, living long ago versus today, and community helpers
- things that sink and float, living and nonliving, and pushes and pulls. (We will even grow our own plants in the spring!)
- We will also learn how to play with our classmates, practice getting along with each other, and how to be problem solvers.
I hope you had a wonderful summer filled with fun, sun and hopefully some learning! I spent the summer reading, going to Cape Cod (Falmouth!) and playing with my son Calvin (5 years old) and daughter Melanie (3 years old).
In the meantime, if you have any questions please check out our classroom web page or email me. I’m looking forward to a great year in Kindergarten!
Love your new teacher,