Flexible Spending by Cafeteria Plan Advisors

    Eligible expenses include medical and prescription co-pays, deductible expenses, non-cosmetic medical and dental services orthodontics, prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses, laser eye surgery alternative health therapies (e.9. acupuncture, chiropractic), mental health services, MORE!
    Max. Annual Health Election: $2,700.

    For children under age 13 and dependents with special needs. Eligible expenses include daycare, preschool, before/ after-school care, day camp during school breaks, elder daycare.
    Max. Annual Dependent Care Election: $5,000 per family

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How much can I allocate?
    The IRS limits dependent care contributions to $5000 per tax year (joint return). The medical reimbursement plan limit is set by the employer up to the IRS maximum of $2750.

    Can my medical and dependent care expenses be combined?
    No. The IRS requires separate accounts to be funded for each.

    How do I know if an expense is eligible?
    Eligible expenses are listed in the IRS Publication 502, or a partial list may be viewed on the Cafeteria Plan website.

    How do I keep track of my balance?
    You can set up online access by logging on to www.cpa125.com.

    How long does the plan last?
    The plan year runs twelve months. The employee has to enroll for each plan year.

    What if I want to make a change during the year or I terminate my employment?
    This amount may be increased or decreased annually only during open enrollment. The IRS allows some changes to be made in the event of a ‘change in status’ qualifying event such as birth, death, marriage, divorce or a change to you or your spouse’s employment. If you terminate, your participation in the plan ceases on your termination date. 

    Will I get money back if it is not used?
    The amount allowed to roll over is $610.00. What does that mean for all of us? Well, If there is a 2022 health care balance that rolls, it will roll into 2023 in the first week of April. This is because the rollover takes place after the 90-day runout. The 90 days runout is the time the employees have to submit for services incurred in 2022.

    How will I get reimbursed for expenses?
    If your plan offers a prepaid debit card, you will receive two cards in the mail upon enrollment.  Once you activate the card, just present the card when paying for the services performed or expenses incurred. If you are unable to use the prepaid debit card or you were unable to use the card, simply submit a manual claim form with itemized receipts after the services/expense was incurred.  You can submit claims as frequently as you like, but no later than after the grace period deadline date after your plan year ends (typically 90 days). Dependent care accounts must have funds available before payment can be made.   

Benefits Contact Information

  • Benefits Coordinator 
    Maximillian Bastos

    City of Framingham
    150 Concord Street
    Framingham, MA 01702

    Phone: 508-532-5490
    Fax: 508-532-5497
    Office Hours: M-F, 8:30-5pm

Cafeteria Contact Information

  • Cafeteria Plan Advisors, Inc.
    120 Longwater Dr, Suite 102
    Norwell, MA 02061


    Phone: 781-848-9848
    Fax: 781-848-8477
    Office hours: M-F, 8-4:30pm


Keep in mind

  • - Flexible spending account calendar runs from January-December.
    - Annual Open Enrollment occurs during the month of December of each year.
    - New hires: please ensure to estimate the amount needed from the date of hire until the end of December.