Letter to Families

  • Links to letters in English, Spanish, and Portuguese

    FPS Seal Logo

    Framingham Public Schools

     Robert A. Tremblay, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools

    Grants Development Office
    Dr. Coretta McCarter, Director of Grants and Title I
    73 Mount Wayte Avenue, Second Floor

    Framingham, Massachusetts 01702
    Telephone: 508-626-9120 Fax: 508-877-4240

    February 2019

    Dear Families:

    Every year, each public school and school district in Massachusetts receives a report card. Just as your child’s report card shows how they are doing in different subjects, the school’s report card is designed to show families how our school is doing in different areas. A link to our school’s report card is available at our Grants Development Office site: https://www.framingham.k12.ma.us/Page/6635.

    The report card includes multiple measures of a school’s performance – more than just MCAS scores. It represents a new way of looking at school performance, by providing information on student achievement, teacher qualifications, student learning opportunities, and more.  

    Report cards are designed to be useful tools for everyone connected to our school. Families can use the information to have meaningful conversations with us about what the school is doing well and where there is room for improvement. Community and education leaders can use the information to better understand how to support students and our school.

    To improve student performance in our school, we are focusing on equity to ensure all students have access to high quality instruction. We encourage you to become involved in helping us improve our school. We see parents/guardians as critical partners in the success of our students and school, and we are grateful for your continued support.

    Finally, if your child attends a school that received federal Title I funds in the school year of 2017-2018 (Barbieri, Brophy, Fuller, McCarthy and Wilson), you have the right to request the following information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers:

    • Whether your child’s teacher is licensed in the grade levels and subject areas they teach,
    • Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency license or waiver,
    • The college degree and major of your child’s teacher, and
    • Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.

    If you have questions about our school’s report card, would like to become involved in school improvement activities, or would like to request information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher, please contact our Office of Teaching and Learning at 508-626-9132. To see our district’s report card or to search for other schools’ report cards, visit reportcards.doe.mass.edu.  


    Dr. Robert A. Tremblay, Superintendent of Schools