The Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences as listed below come from the EEC Learning Standards and Curriculum Guidelines. These are designed to be used by educators and program administrators in planning and evaluating curriculum for children in preschool and Kindergarten in early education and care programs.Core Principles of the Guidelines
There are seven principles that should serve as a guide in understanding and implementing the Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences:
- All young children are capable of learning.
- Children show individual differences in development.
- Knowledge of child growth and development is essential for program development and implementation.
- Children’s language skills are the best predictors of academic success.
- Developmental domains are highly interrelated.
- Young children learn by doing.
- Families are the primary caregivers and educators of their young children.
Official Documents from Mass.Gov (2019)
- Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences - updated November 2019 (PDF 2.48 MB)
- Pautas para Experiencias de Aprendizaje en Preescolar y Jardín de Infantes (Spanish) (DOCX 2.43 MB)
- Diretrizes para Experiências de Aprendizagem na Pré-escola e Jardim de Infância (Portuguese) (DOCX 2.37 MB)
- r学前班和幼儿园学习经验指 南 (Chinese) (DOCX 6.24 MB)