Bilingual Parent Advisory Council
Mission Statement: Framingham Public Schools is committed to supporting parents of English Language Learners in matters pertaining to their children’s education and in providing access to school-related events and activities. The Bilingual PAC Advisory council supports and carries out the work of the Bilingual PAC, Bilingual Education Department and school outreach to parents of ELLs. (Authority: Title VI; EEOA; Title III).
Effective on-going family involvement is integral to student success
The Bilingual Department of the Framingham Public Schools offers research-based programs and exemplary instruction for English Learners in the Framingham Public Schools. We want to facilitate the creation of the BPAC for families to have a voice in their child’s education and give feedback to the district.
What is BPAC?
- BPAC seeks to serve as a united voice for students who are learning English as a second language and their families.
- Establishes by-laws regarding officers and operational procedures.
- Advise the school district, school committee and board of trustees on all matters that pertain to English Learners.
- Meets regularly with school or district leaders to participate in the planning and development of programs designed to improve educational opportunities for English Learners.
- Upon request from the Bilingual Parent Advisory Council, each school committee or school council shall meet at least annually with the council.
BPAC Meetings 2021-2022
Meetings are currently remote | 7:00 pm
BPAC AgendaAlbanian | Arabic | Azerbaijani | Mandarin Chinese | French | Haitian Creole | Rusian | Telugu | Vietnamese
Interpretation available, including ASL. | Interpretación disponible en español y portugués. | Interpretação disponível em português e espanhol.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 | Click here for meeting information
- Monday, November 8, 2021
- Monday, December 6, 2021
- Monday, January 10, 2022
- Monday, February 7, 2022
- Monday, March 7, 2022
- Monday, April 4, 2022
- Monday, May 2, 2022
- Monday, June 6, 2022
Noticias: Reunión virtual, fondo de ayuda y más - Notícias: Reunião virtual do BPAC, fundo de auxílio e mais
Resources for parents in English, Spanish, and Portuguese to give public comment on the LOOK Act, from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education