Bilingual Parent Advisory Council
What is BPAC?
- BPAC seeks to serve as a united voice for students who are learning English as a second language and their families.
- Establishes by-laws regarding officers and operational procedures.
- Advise the school district, school committee and board of trustees on all matters that pertain to English Learners.
- Meets regularly with school or district leaders to participate in the planning and development of programs designed to improve educational opportunities for English Learners.
- Upon request from the Bilingual Parent Advisory Council, each school committee or school council shall meet at least annually with the council.
BPAC Meetings 2022-2023
Interpretation available, including ASL. | Interpretación disponible en español y portugués. | Interpretação disponível em português e espanhol.
Meeting dates SY 22-23:
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 |
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Tuesday, January 10, 2022
Tuesday, February 7, 2022
Tuesday, March 7, 2022
Tuesday, April 4, 2022
Tuesday, May 2, 2022
Tuesday, June 6, 2022
English Learner Education Proposed Regulations and the LOOK Act
Resources for parents in English, Spanish, and Portuguese to give public comment on the LOOK Act, from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Sônia Nobre, President
Cleidiane Araújo, Vice-President