Multilingual Education Department
Mission Statement: The Multilingual Education Department offers research-based programs and exemplary instruction for multilingual learners in the Framingham Public Schools. FPS has a diverse student population and currently instructs students from over 70 countries who speak approximately 72 languages.
We are committed to offering the highest quality of educational experiences to all students through language development programs in Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, American Sign Language and English that foster social and academic language proficiency and mastery of grade level content-area standards, while simultaneously building on and celebrating students' cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds, practices, and experiences.
Our Guiding Principles:
1. Effective programs have equitable access and are based on both standards and current research.
2. Effective instruction meets the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
3. Effective on-going family involvement is integral to student success.
4. Effective professional development improves teaching through the integration of language and content.
- Handbook for Multilingual Education Programs in ENGLISH
- Manual de los programas de educación multilingüe en ESPAÑOL
- Manual dos programas de educação multilíngue em PORTUGUÊS
Announcements from the Multilingual Dept.
Community Conversation about COVID-19 & Contact Tracing NOV 18th 6-7PM
Summer Program 2020 - Multilingual Dept.