Multilingual Education Department
Mission Statement: The Multilingual Education Department offers research-based programs and exemplary instruction for multilingual learners in the Framingham Public Schools. FPS has a diverse student population and currently instructs students from over 70 countries who speak approximately 72 languages.
We are committed to offering the highest quality of educational experiences to all students through language development programs in Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, French, American Sign Language and English that foster social and academic language proficiency and mastery of grade level content-area standards, while simultaneously building on and celebrating students' cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds, practices, and experiences.
- Dual Language Information Session
- Sesión informativa sobre educación en dos idiomas
- Sessão de informação do programa em dois idiomas
Our Guiding Principles:
1. Effective programs have equitable access and are based on both standards and current research.
2. Effective instruction meets the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
3. Effective on-going family involvement is integral to student success.
4. Effective professional development improves teaching through the integration of language and content.
- Handbook for Multilingual Education Programs in ENGLISH
- Manual de los programas de educación multilingüe en ESPAÑOL
- Manual dos programas de educação multilíngue em PORTUGUÊS
Announcements from the Multilingual Dept.
The Department of Multilingual Education in the Office of Teaching and Learning, based on feedback during the Superintendent's residencies, is sharing this presentation with all staff to help build an understanding of how to effectively work with our Emergent Bilinguals, what we have done so far to support staff in working with our Emergent Bilinguals, and what we will be doing in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Community Conversation about COVID-19 & Contact Tracing NOV 18th 6-7PM