What's Happening in your Neighborhood?
June Highlights - June is a time when we whine down and begin to think about summer. We hope you will join us at the End of the Year Celebration on June 6th from 3-4:30 pm where we recognize your participation in ECAF and ParentChildPlus activities. Call or email us for more information. Then we take a break for the summer. In July and August we begin Explore the Seashore. Sign up required! English - Portuguese - Spanish Regis College School of Nursing Team and Outdoor RX will continue to join us to explore health and nutrition as well as the wonders of nature. This group is offered on Fridays. Click here to view the June activity calendar. Portuguese-Spanish Have you tried other new programs that we offer and have you read the Strengthening Families Newsletter English - Spanish?
1) Play, Learn, Read, and Grow Together where you and your child will be emersed in a children's book. All activities will reinforce the story's themes increasing vocabulary and comprehension. Every Tuesday at 10:30 in the Early Learning Zonne at the library.
2) Health Series: Play, Learn, and Grow Together (PLGT) group, facliatated by the Regis College Nursing Team. This group is where you and your child will be engaged in health related family friendly and age appropriate activities. In addition, time is alloted for discussion on common parenting topics. Fridays at the library!
Sign Up for classes is always appreciated. See links to forms below! You can also call or email us with any questions or to sign up. Please take our early literacy survey and family satisfaction survey to help us plan for the year. Remember to visit the "Mind in the Making" Playspace at the downtown Framingham Public Library located in the Chldren's Department. And also check out the Kidspage for all the library activities. All classes are free!!! We welcome your input about class schedule and ideas for topics. Contact us via email, phone or message us on Facebook!
For those who are new to our program, please complete our online Registration Form along with the Sign Up Form. All children must be accompanied by an adult as our program is all about supporting the parent-child journey and introducing a high quality, strength-based early education experience. Come be a Brain Builder with us! For those looking to learn more about the ParentChild+ Home Program and the ECAF signature Play, Learn, and Grow Together groups, please complete the Referral Form in either English - Spanish - Portuguese and send back to us via email. We will be sure to follow up with you upon receipt of the form. Always feel free to call with any questions!
Group Sign Up
- Explore the Seashore and More Summer Series (starts July 8)
- Baby Talk - weekly (will resume in the Spring)
- PLGT Groups All Ages
- Let's Go Kindergarten (Tuesday & Wednesday incoming Kindergarteners only!)
- PLGT Health Series
- Registration Form for New Families
Did you know about our other menu items:
- The ParentChild+ Home Visitation Program is for eligible families who have children between the ages of 18 and 36 months and may not be ready to share in a group experience. To learn more about this program, contact us at 508-782-6932.
- Ages and Stages Parent Questionairre - an opportunity to learn more about your child's overall development. Contact us for more information.
- Need a resource or referral, just call or e-mail us and we can try to assist you or contact MASS 211.
For more activities, go to the Brain Building in Progress website to find out about more statewide programs.
Another great resource to explore is the Resources for Early Learning website? Great brain building ideas for families and educators alike. Go to www.resourcesforearlylearning.org
Preschool Screening Information
Framingham Public Schools Preschool Screening:
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the Special Education Department at 508-626-9123.If your child is offered or receives special education services, review this Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) Flowchart to help you understand the process and service.
PREPARING FOR KINDERGARTEN SUMMER PROGRAM SURVEY (only for families currently NOT in preschool program)
If your child is entering Kindergarten in the Fall and is NOT in a preschool or early education program outside the home, and you are interested in a possible pre-kindergarten experience prior to entering school that will provide school readiness opportunities, please complete the survey below. English
Also, we have a weekly "Let's Go to Kindergarten" parent-child group on Tuesdays and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. at Fuller Middle School Outside Door #16. This group is designed to prepare you and your child for kindergarten with a curriculum focused on school readiness skills. See the ECAF calendar or email/call for more information: 508-782-6932 or email@example.com.
Save The Date!
Family Celebration of Participation
Special Graduation Ceremony
Activities and Pizza Too!
June 6th from 3-4:30
PLGT Explore the Seashore and More
Summer Series Starts Monday, July 8th
Sign Up is available now on our website!
Framingham Public Library
Children's Department, Early Learning Zone
49 Lexington Street
Health Series with Regis Nursing School
Starting May 17th Fridays at 10:30 am
Framingham Public Library
Early Learning Zone