Welcome to the Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham
Welcome to the Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham (ECAF)! Our team is here to help children, families, and community partners navigate common pathways that support children's healthy growth and development and promote early education right from the start. The ECAF provides access to: resources and referrals, early literacy and school readiness activities in the home and in group settings, family education speciality programs, information about your child's development through the Ages & Stages Parent Questionairre, transition support, and leadership opportunities. Contact us anytime in the course of your parenting journey!
What's Happening in your Neighborhood?
ANNOUNCING FALL OPENINGS IN THE PARENTCHILD+ PROGRAM!
TO LEARN MORE, CLICK HERE!
An important creative and family friendly educational message about wearing masks
Due to social distancing efforts and the state's Stay Home order, neighbord programs and ECAF's offerings are now virtual.
- Please visit the City of Framingham Resources page for the latest COVID-19 updates.
- There are also Food Security Resources for all Framingham residents.
- Parenting Tips in a Pandemic
- Children's Story About Wearing A Mask
- Play, Learn, and Grow Together (PLGT) Virtual Programs.
- Here is the weekly schedule for virtual events: Play, Learn, and Grow Together (PLGT) Weekly Schedule
- Framingham Public Library is closed to the public, but still offering Live children's programming via Zoom. Check the Kids Page here!
- Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative - Comprehensive lising of resources.
- Did you know WGBH has a Fun aT Home Activity Center? Click here to explore - WGBH Family Fun Activities and More
For access to daily updates and a variety of virtual program offerings, please:
- Subscribe to the Strengthening Families Newsletter (just visit this link and click the orange box that says "Follow Jane DeHaven", then enter your email address!). Newsletters are updated regularly, sometimes daily, and are a great resource for Virtual Program options.
- Be sure to like the Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham on Facebook and folliow ECAF on Twitter.
- If you are interested in our programs or you want to make a referral, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call (508-782-6932) or
Complete the Referral Form English - Spanish - Portuguese
- Local Outdoor Destinations
- Registration Form for New Families
ECAF is on Cable! Tune-in to watch educational programming that is fun for you and your young learners (beginning Wednesday, May 6th).
The ECAF programs will air on FEC-TV (Framingham Education Channel - TV) Monday through Friday from 2pm - 3pm. The signature "Play, Learn, and Grow Together" group-like experience is pre-recorded designed by the the Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham (ECAF) team. All content is created with our youngest learners (birth to 6yo) in mind! You and your child will explore stories and activities that focus on all areas of development. You and your child will be exposed to literacy, school readiness, art, music, movement, science, nature,, and more! Most important, you and your child will have fun sharing this journey through play-based activities!
- Cable: Comcast CH 8, Verizon CH 41 and RCN CH 15.
- Watch online!
- If you miss it - catch it On-Demand at your convenience.
VIRTUAL PLAY, LEARN, AND GROW TOGETHER PROGRAMS
HOME VISITING IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD!
Did you know about our other menu items?
- The ParentChild+ Home Visitation Program is for eligible families who have children between the ages of 18 and 36 months and may not be ready to share in a group experience. To learn more about this program, contact us at 508-782-6932.
- Ages and Stages Parent Questionairre - an opportunity to learn more about your child's overall development. Contact us for more information.
- Need a resource or referral, just call or e-mail us and we can try to assist you or contact MASS 211.
For more activities, go to the Brain Building in Progress website to find out about more statewide programs.
Another great resource to explore is the Resources for Early Learning website? Great brain building ideas for families and educators alike. Go to www.resourcesforearlylearning.org
31 Flagg Drive
Framingham, MA 01702
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
and available by apporintment
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Framingham Public Schools Preschool Screening Information
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the Special Education Department at 508-626-9123. If your child is offered or receives special education services, review this Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) Flowchart to help you understand the process and service.
PREPARING FOR KINDERGARTEN SUMMER PROGRAM SURVEY (only for families currently NOT in preschool program)
If your child is entering Kindergarten in the Fall and is NOT in a preschool or early education program outside the home, and you are interested in a possible pre-kindergarten experience prior to entering school that will provide school readiness opportunities, please complete the survey below.
ECAF offers a weekly virtual "Let's Go to Kindergarten" parent-child group. This group is designed to prepare you and your child for kindergarten with a curriculum focused on school readiness skills. For more information: 508-782-6932 or email@example.com.