Welcome Class of 2029!
The Framingham Public Schools will begin online kindergarten pre-registration for the school year 2016-2017 on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. The online process is a pre-registration only. Families who complete the pre-registration process will receive a date by email or regular mail to come to our Center for a registration appointment. Students will not be considered enrolled until parents/guardians submit the required information during the in-person registration appointment.
Registration appointments will be scheduled between January 19 and April 6, 2016
At your appointment at the Parent Information Center (PIC):
- A parent advocate will register your child and copy your documents.
- We will discuss the choice process, outline the timeline for decision-making and answer your questions.
- School Tours - Sign-up online! schedule is available on the K-Booklet page 6.
- Don't worry! We are here to help you and will be happy to answer all your questions.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED at REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT (5 items required)
- YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Long Form/Government Issued)
- A UTILITY BILL DATED WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS (Not cell phone or car insurance)
- ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
A current Mortgage Payment or
A current Lease or Section 8 Agreement or
A current Property Tax Bill or
A Deed or A Purchase & Sale Agreement
- PHOTO ID OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN
- HEALTH HISTORY
Your child’s most recent physical (MUST BE within the last 12 months)
Pre-school vision screening from health care provider (MUST BE within the last 12 months)
- INDIVIDUAL EDUCATION PLAN (IEP) or 504 PLAN
If child receives Special Education Services
If you are living with a relative or friend you and the owner / renter must complete a Residency Affidavit and have it notarized. You will also need to submit two documents from the list above (items 1 and 2) showing the name and address of the person with whom you are living. Residency Affidavits are available at the Center or click here to print. There is a notary at the Center.
*Homeless families are encouraged but not required to provide these documents.
KINDERGARTEN 2016-17 BOOKLET