Fifth graders will...
- develop an understanding of rhythm, multiple part singing and playing, listening techniques, and discrimination skills.
- refine concepts of tempo, composition, simple form (AB, ABA, Rondo), understand syncopation, major and minor tonality, and chromatic tones.
- recognize music as a performing art.
- develop skills on classroom accompaniment instruments.
- have the opportunity to play instruments of the band and orchestra through participation in the instrumental class lesson program.
- recognize the connection between music appreciation and production with other subjects.
- develop aural sensitivity to harmonic relations