Fourth graders will . . .
- read and create maps, charts, graphs, and timelines.
- apply the Five Themes of Geography (location, place, human/environment interaction, movement, and regions) to the regions of the U.S. and MA.
- study the ancient river regions of the Nile (Egypt) and the Tigris/Euphrates (Mesopotamia).
- develop an appreciation of diversity and history through the study of holidays and famous people with an emphasis on Patriot’s Day.
- read and write across the social studies curriculum.
- explore curriculum related topics by consulting multiple sources.