MusicFourth graders will...
- develop an understanding of notational concepts, such as rest, time signatures, key signatures, and tempo.
- recognize the relationship of lyrics to music.
- continue recorder study and work with conducting skills.
- develop concepts of harmony.
- refine use of music syllables and vocabulary.
- study the instruments of the band and orchestra.
- recognize the connection between music and other subjects.
- have the opportunity to play instruments of the band and orchestra through participation in the instrumental class lesson program.